Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Last night I started on a painting. It made me happy, because I haven't painted something that really clicked in a long time, and I need to do something besides brooding around in my art studio being miserable. I've spent the last few days overwhelmingly depressed, barely able to function. I've had to leave work early two days in a row. This morning I woke up with Dan in the loft and realized that the fact that I'm essentially homeless and chemically unbalanced is inconsequential when I have a man who will drive an hour on a weeknight just to sleep next to me on plyboard and ceiling tile. When I was a kid, I loved books about people who lived in bizarre places... box cars, hollowed out trees, museums. I should be all about this.

Anyway. I'm going to go for a run tonight. Then I'm going to attempt to work on the mural at the yoga studio and make some progress. I think as long as I am investing myself in the things I should be doing, I will be happy.