Sunday, June 3, 2007

Long week... Last weekend my mom was in town getting her house ready for the closing, so we spent some time together before she left to go back to Virginia on Monday. Tuesday I worked and Wednesday was Dan's birthday, for which I made a cheesecake and bought a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of vodka. Thursday I woke up at 6 a.m. with a hang over and drove back to Lafayette to pick up Makenna to take her back to Indy to the zoo. This was a lot of fun, and I was very generously compensated for it, considering I would have done it for free. We had lunch at a very nice restaurant downtown where I had a spectacular salad with goat cheese and where I was informed by the waiter that Indiana is fast becoming the biggest goat cheese producer in the country. I then decided I want to own a goat and learn how to make goat cheese. Makenna and I pretty much saw everything there was to see, and after her mother picked her up, I went to Dan's sister's rehearsal dinner across town. Friday I went to a cook out at his Dad's house, then to my cousin Caitlin's graduation party. Saturday was the actual wedding, which was very beautiful and ended with me drinking gin in a limo. I love gin. And goat cheese. Sigh.

Now I'm about to go buy a sewing machine.


(That picture of me kissing the walrus at the zoo is actually from March.)